Monday, May 14, 2012

Next Friday Spines Review

Hello lovely readers! In between essay writing, research essay writing, application essay writing, (please don't say the word "edit"), and, um, essay writing...on Friday I'll be reviewing Cinderella Ate My Daughter, by Peggy Orenstein. Yes, this is a non-fiction book (the horror!) about parenting, but it's also a fascinating account of how pink, sparkles, and pretty-pretty-pretty have completely invaded pop culture, with accessible, funny writing and...wait...it's Monday. I also recommend the radio program of Peggy Orenstein discussing Cinderella Ate My Daughter with host Michael Krasny; it's about 50 minutes long, iPod-friendly, and completely worthwhile.

Enjoy the book...see you Friday!

Happy reading,
M. Gabrielle

By the way, everyone, I believe I finally got the comment feature working, so please do tell me things you love about Friday Spines, books you'd like to see, or any other feedback you might have. Hope to hear from you!

No comments: